So, it has been a while since I last posted, and so much has happened since then! Teaching, exam invigilation, sorting paperwork, report writing, wedding preparation, and then flying back to NZ. I made it through, praise God, and now am able to relax and write to you all!
This end of the year has felt a little more relaxed than other years. It’s probably because I know what I am doing, I set up projects for my middle school classes, and going from a heavy teaching load to a much lighter one. (I actually had a revelation one day that the classes I was teaching at the end of term 4 was what I started with – my full load! – when I arrived in 2013!!).
So, lots of things to be thankful for at the end of this school year.
- All of our students were able to graduate
- I feel prepared to start the new school year (when the time comes)
- My students made some good progress this year
- There were no issues for any students or staff despite the troublesome situation earlier in the school year
- All the Middle school/High school students still got to do Activities Week (just later in the year)
- We lost our old Director, but then gained a new one to arrive in January 2018
- We have filled most of our teaching positions for the new school year 2017-18
God has been so good to us – it is great to reflect on what He has done, and what He is able to do.
I’m looking forward to see what He does in this new school year!